Kia mau ki te pono – Hold Fast to Truth
Aquinas College is a Catholic co-educational school for 11-18 year olds. The College is vibrant and visually impressive, with superb facilities and high academic standards. Founded in 2003 and set on 10.7 hectares of park-like grounds, the school has modern, spacious buildings designed to incorporate future roll growth.
Aquinas College welcomes international students from a range of countries around the world. We strive to treat each student as a unique individual and really appreciate the special part they play in the Aquinas College school community.
With a school roll of 750 students across seven year levels, international students thrive in our supportive community atmosphere. We only accept a small number of students from each country which helps them to fully immerse into school life and form quality friendships with New Zealanders.
We hold fast to constant values at Aquinas College that form the basis of our school life:
- A commitment to our Catholic faith and Christian values
- A commitment to be the best we can be in all areas of life, academic, sporting and cultural
- Self-respect and a respect for others, expressed in our behaviour and conduct
- Showing pride in our own, as well as other people’s achievements and the joyful spirit which that generates within the community
- Having a concern for the good of each student in the college and working with families to ensure that there is good pastoral support, especially in difficult times
School values are expressed in our everyday college life through the "Touchstones” of the school – Family, Scholarship, Service, Truth, Prayer and Joy. All involved in Aquinas – staff, students, families and wider community are called on to live these touchstones each day and make a positive difference in our society.
Aquinas College has an outstanding academic record with annual NCEA pass levels well above the national average for decile 8-10 schools. International students can choose to study from a wide range of curriculum subjects and are offered extra English to support them in their learning. Many opportunities exist in the areas of music, sport, art & culture to extend all students and help them reach their full potential.