Capability, Character, Confidence.
Our school is situated in a peaceful rural setting in the beautiful Bay of Islands, New Zealand. The Bay of Islands region is one of New Zealand’s tourist hotspots and provides an unparalleled array of extra-curricular activities such as surfing, sailing, diving, fishing, golf and equestrian.
At Springbank, our students enjoy a safe, caring environment, with positive family values. Our smaller class sizes provide better opportunities to develop strong personal attributes and all students are very supportive of one another.
Springbank offers the highly-regarded International Cambridge Curriculum and we are nationally recognised for our students’ high academic success.
- Beautiful sub-tropical Bay of Islands
- Sailing, surfing, diving, fishing, golf, horse riding and many other activities
- Peaceful setting on 14ha of rural land
- Historical significance: Kerikeri is New Zealand’s first European settlement
- A private school with just 200 students
- Small classes with individualised learning
- Every student is known personally throughout the school
- Safe, caring and friendly atmosphere
- Cambridge International Curriculum
- Strong academic success (two top NZ awards for ICT & English Language)
- Unique extra-curricular focus on outdoor education, enterprise and community
- Individual learning and no uniform
As Northland’s leading independent school, we are committed to playing an important role in the wider Bay of Islands community. A strong sense of community is important to us not only within the immediate Springbank family of students, parents and staff, but also within our local area.
We are passionate about our beautiful region and its great people. Community work is an integral part of Springbank’s school-wide learning framework and our students proactively support a range of community initiatives everyday throughout our school curriculum.
Friends of Springbank is a parent-led group that focuses on projects and initiatives that improve our school and strengthen our school’s community. It is a registered charity that regularly organises fundraising projects, community events and parent evenings.
The aim of Friends of Springbank is to enhance the education of every Springbank pupil, by providing additional education opportunities such as:
- sponsoring school teams
- subsidising special school trips
- organising educational seminars
- catering for students & parents at special events