St John’s College
St John’s College
Caritas Christi Urget Nos – Preparing Young Men For Life
St John’s College has 750 boys from Year 9 to Year 13, and is located on Hillcrest Road, Hamilton. Built on the Marist tradition, it emphasises family spirit, promoting an environment where students are well looked after. Staff and students form a community where they can support each other on a daily basis.
St John’s College is one of the select schools of the Waikato based on a long Marist tradition. Catholic boys enjoy a first class academic education within a richly diverse community where young men are prepared for life in the 21st Century. St John’s men are expected to strive for personal excellence in academic, sporting and cultural endeavours in a context of strong Catholic Values.
“The Dean of International Students and the Homestay Co-ordinator are also fantastic people. They are never too busy to talk to me and help me. Coming here was the best decision I ever made.” – Teetuch (Bangkok)
A modern learning environment, located adjacent to the University of Waikato, our school provides excellent facilities in all technologies, especially ICT, and teachers who model good relationships. St John’s develops fine young men ready to make their mark on the world. Our Marist Men leave St John’s capable of building strong relationships, highly resilient and confident of their place in the future.
At St John’s College we believe in introducing students to a wide range of activities outside the classroom. We support numerous extra-curricular clubs and societies and, by doing so, provide our students with the opportunity to test their talents and broaden their horizons. In many instances, it is through these extra-curricular activities that lifetime friendships are formed.
- A leading church boy’s high school in New Zealand
- Located next to the university of Waikato in Hamilton New Zealand
- Excellent record of academic, cultural and sporting achievements
- Each student encouraged to make the best of his abilities
- A high school with a strong family spirit where you will be well looked after
- Winner of New Zealand Government Pastoral Care Award
- Total Student roll of 750 boys
- About 30 international students from various countries
- Most international students gain entry to tertiary studys
- Small ESOL classes and IELTS preperation
The Music programme at St John’s College punches well above its weight. It boasts a staff of breathtaking talent, and offers stunning performance opportunities regionally and internationally. The Itinerant Music Programme produces dazzling young talent and is so popular that outside agencies have been employed to cater for the demand of students seeking professional music tuition.