Te Puke High School
Te Puke High School
Whaia Te Matauranga Tiketike – Aim High
Te Puke is located in the Western Bay of Plenty region; 10 minutes drive from the coast, 30 kilometers southeast of Tauranga, 60 kilometers northeast from Rotorua and 75 kilometers northwest from Whakatane. In addition to the kiwifruit industry, Te Puke has many citrus orchards, and a thriving farming sector, based on dairying, cattle, deer and sheep. The Te Puke region is steeped in Māori and European history.
Te Puke High School will provide a supportive educational environment to challenge our gifted and talented learners to achieve personal excellence and realise their learning, creative and cultural potential, in order to transition from school into our community as competent and confident young adults, community citizens and 21st Century learners.
Te Puke High School places great importance on academic achievement. International students can choose their course of study from a wide range of curriculum subjects. As an international student the school will do the utmost to provide you with an educational programme that best meets your learning needs, including English language support if required. In addition, international students are encouraged to get involved in the many sports and arts co-curricular activities on offer.
Te Puke High School has made major advances in the use of modern computer technology to enhance student learning. Our highly professional, dedicated teachers provide a supportive learning environment where each student has the opportunity to thrive. Education is considered an important asset for the future lives of all our students. Staff consist of approximately 60 Teaching Staff and 30 Support Staff.
- Te Puke High School is located in the Bay of Plenty/Tauranga area famous for its beaches and landscapes as well as adventure activities and shopping.
- Te Puke is a friendly semi-rural town with approximately 10,000 inhabitants. It is 20 minutes from Tauranga, which is the fastest growing city in New Zealand.
- Moderate climate with lots of sunshine.
- Te Puke is a friendly future-focused school with approximately 1000 students and 30 international students from various countries.
- The school has a supportive and caring learning environment.
- Excellent NCEA results, above national average.
- Modern technology advanced learning environments.
- We offer personalized attention from staff and relatively small classes.
- Academic deans and Career advisers are here to assist students to reach their future pathways.
- a dedicated international department offer 24/7 support and care.
- A wide range of academic and practical subjects to choose from, including ESOL support.
- Many co-curricular activities to get involved in including sports, music and performing arts.
- Friendly, active and caring homestays with warm and comfortable homes are selected to host our students.
- Offering a real kiwi experience to all our international students.